Tuesday, February 22, 2011

In Honor of My Mother in Law, Painter and Artist Extrordinaire

As you can tell by the title of this post, this is in honor and memory of my mother in law, who passed away 2 years ago this month.  She was very creative with just about anything she put her hands to, but her primary love (aside from God and her hubby) was painting.  Shirley started painting by using oils, then turned to acrylic and watercolors, after finding she was allergic to the oil paint.  Here are some pictures of Shirley's paintings I have up on the walls of my home.

 The picture above is one of my favorites of mom's paintings.  This is one of her earlier works beings it is an oil painting.  I like this one because it is a painting of an area in the mountains here called Ohiopyle.
This painting has won an award at our local county fair.  It makes me think of stairways to heaven.

This one is of the back of on of her boys (when they were young).  I believe it is suppossed to be my husband.  I especially like the book in the painting.
This is one of mom's earlier paintings (oil).  It is a depiction of how she saw the 3 wise men as they followed the star that led them to see the Christ child.

After mom passed, Pete found some of her sketch books, and more paintings.  I have some more up on the walls of my home, and will post those another time.

Be blessed today and always!

2 comments:

  1. I particularly love the painting of your husband. She did beautiful work and I love that you are honoring that.

    ♥♥♥
    Sue

    ReplyDelete