Thursday, January 27, 2011

Tongues in Disguise


Did you know you have power in your tongue? Proverbs 18:21 tells us The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit.
 
Did you know in this day and age our tongues can be disguised in several different ways? Let's see.... a computer keyboard, a chat window, a cell phone 'qwerty' keypad, and there is probably more that I can't think of.
 
A pastor I had heard years ago was preaching on this verse and I believe we can all use what he said. Before we say anything to anyone, we should T.H.I.N.K. first.  If before we say, type or text anything we should ask ourselves: is what I am about to say, type or text:
Bookmark is available at http://www.mystuff2.etsy.com/


True
Helpful
Inspiring
Necessary
Kind
 
Was your answer yes to all? Super, go ahead and say, type or text your message.
 
Or maybe you answered just one 'no'....you may want to reTHINK what you are about to say, text or type. Unfortunately when we use these disguises for our tongue(computer, etc) it can come accross on the other end much different than intended. I believe if we
 
T H I N K
 
and ask ourselves: is what I am about to say True, is it Helpful, is it Inspiring, is it Necessary, and is it Kind- what we say, text, type will come accross on the other end as it was intended.
 
Please visit http://www.mystuff2.etsy.com/ to see more wonderful items, including photo bookmarks, photo greeting cards, greeting cards and more.

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful message - one I know I needed to hear! I'll be sure to THINK more carefully about everything I say - and type.

    Thanks so much for finding and sharing my bookmark!
    - Donna (mystuff2)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing! I LOVE IT! Everyone should read it AND FOLLOW IT!
    Thank you for sharing and thank you to mystuff2 for bringing me here!
    Jul

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tricia~ I just heard a radio sermon on the power of the tongue and how something so small can create such havoc.

    I am writing your acrostic down for quick reference.

    ReplyDelete