Thursday, December 9, 2010

It Is the Christmas Season, Not JUST a Holiday

I received the following in an email today and thought it so fitting for those of us who ARE Christians to take a stand.  My husband, Pete, and I were shopping at a local store here and I heard the cashier, as we were getting ready to check out, say to the previous customer: "Merry.....oops...happy holidays.".  Then I asked her about it and she told me she could get fired for saying Merry Christmas.

She went on to say that management in her store states that the term Christmas is offensive.  Isn't it strange how these companies will bow down to the 10% of folks in this country who are not Christians?  I am offended when they don't say MERRY CHRISTMAS. 

So here goes, for all the world to see, the poem I received in an email today:


Twas the month before Christmas*
*When all through our land,*
*Not a Christian was praying*
*Nor taking a stand.*
*See the PC Police had taken away,*
*The reason for Christmas - no one could say.*
*The children were told by their schools not to sing,*
*About Shepherds and Wise Men and Angels and things.*
*It might hurt people's feelings, the teachers would say*
* December 25th is just a ' Holiday '.*
*Yet the shoppers were ready with
cash, checks and credit*
*Pushing folks down to the floor just to get it!*
*CDs from Madonna, an X BOX, an I-pod*
*Something was changing, something quite odd! *
*Retailers promoted Ramadan and Kwanzaa*
*In hopes to sell books by Fran ken & Fonda.*
*As Targets were hanging their trees upside down*
* At Lowe's the word Christmas - was no where to be found.*
*At K-Mart and Staples and Penny's and Sears*
*You won't hear the word Christmas;
it won't touch your ears.*
*Inclusive, sensitive, Di-ver-si-ty*
*Are words that were used to intimidate me.*
*Now Daschle, Now Darden, Now Sharpton,
Wolf Blitzen*
*On Boxer, on Rather, on Kerry, on Clinton !*
*At the top of the Senate, there arose such a clatter*
*To eliminate Jesus, in all public matter.*
*And we spoke not a word,
as they took away our faith*
* Forbidden to speak of salvation and grace*
*The true Gift of Christmas was exchanged
and discarded*
*The reason for the season,
stopped before it started.*
*So as you celebrate 'Winter Break'
under your 'Dream Tree'*
*Sipping your Starbucks, listen to me.*
*Choose your words carefully, choose what you say*
*Shout MERRY CHRISTMAS ,
not Happy Holiday !*
Please, all Christians join together and
wish everyone you meet during theholidays a
MERRY CHRISTMAS
Christ is The Reason for the Christ-mas Season!



I felt this is a fitting way to share this beings I don't like to forward emails.  (My inbox is too full already)
Had it not been for Jesus Christ, there would not be a Holiday to celebrate so 

I wish everyone a MERRY CHRISTMAS season, and all be blessed by the reason for this season!

Please note:  if I have offended you in any way by this post, I WILL be praying that you see the light and are removed from darkness!

7 comments:

  1. Such a sad state our country is in. I am so Blessed to work at a Christian bookstore where I am free to say Merry Christmas and God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, Amen! To Him who was and is and is to come....Merry Christmas indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry merry Christmas!!!

    ♥♥♥
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. you know what, MOST people in the US who are NOT Christians are still NOT offended by the word "Christmas" or a "Christmas tree". it's only a tiny tiny majority of people who've decided to be "offended". Jews don't mind, and most non-religious don't mind, and even like it.
    besides which there are lots of holidays, several of them all at this time of year. I've been hearing a commercial on the radio that says "our product will be installed by the holiday". which holiday though? New Year's is a holiday which is one week after Christmas, so am I going to get my installation in two weeks, or three? that's bad business practice IMO. Dennis Prager's been talking about this on the radio, saying what I've said above basically, and he's Jewish.

    btw, I'm leaving Chase as soon as I can, mostly because they have a monthly fee and a credit union doesn't, but since they took the Christmas tree down just because of ONE comment, that just confirms that I should leave.

    I like how you said "I'll pray for you if you're offended" instead of "I'm sorry if you're offended."

    ok I'll stop ranting now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas indeed and appreciate your stand!
    What's it all coming to when we don't have the freedom to wish someone a Merry Christmas without getting fired!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was one of those employees. I worked for Starbucks some time ago and we were not aloud to say Merry Christmas, let alone Happy Chaunakah or Kwanzaa.

    Are we not in America? The land built as one nation under God. Freedom of speech and all that jazz. When did our nation find the need to become politically correct. Followers of Christ are the majority, not the minority.

    I of course, no longer work for that company for many other reasons as well. Throughout my experiences in life, I have realized that it is wiser to fear the Lord than to fear the restrictions of my job.

    MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Christmas and may Christ's Peace that goes beyond all human understanding be in your heart all year! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete