Monday, November 15, 2010

MY-ITIS....NOW WHAT IS THIS?

We had an absolutely wonderful service yesterday at church.  The presence of God was absolutely awesome and the Spirit was moving.  I would call yesterday's service 'A Holy Ghost Service'!  It always amazes me when He shows up like that. 

When we suffer from the folowing, we can miss out on services such as described.

MY-ITIS (egocentric syndrome)

A very infectious disease that affects a number of people.  Symptoms include the constant use of the words: "I, me, my, mine."  No matter what subject is being discussed, the infected person's comments will be laced with these words.  The cause is a lack of love and concern for others.

HERE'S THE CURE:

The 'prescription' to treat this disease includes the following:

  • Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourself.
  • Do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others.
  • Think as Christ Jesus thought.  (Philippians 2:3-5)
Here are some follow up testing for you to check yourselves:

If one has been cured of this dreadful disease, his or her comments will be laced with:  "you, your, yours".

Periodical testing is recommended as the condition may reoccur.

I hope you enjoyed reading this today.  I hope to have some new listings up tommorrow and will post them here as well as Etsy.

Have a stupendously blessed day!

1 comment:

  1. Tricia - it is so unfortunate that there are so many out there who have my-itis. One of the reasons I hope and pray for a loving and sharing team thread.

    Love
    Sue

    ReplyDelete