Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Rubies and Apatite times 2

As you know from my previous post, I was gifted some gorgeous Burmese ruby and apatite beads.  It was fun coming up with something for them.  I was able to make two (2) necklace and earring sets with the ruby and apatite beads. 

The first necklace and earring set I did with just the 2 stones and accented with Sterling silver tubes and spacers.  I finished the necklace with a sterling silver 's' clasp.  This first set I will most likely list in my Etsy shop soon.  Let me know what you think!


And here is the second set I did.  I used some hematite tubes for spacers and just a bit of contrast in the piece.  Being the stones were gifted to me, I believe I will keep this set for myself.  Can't ever have too much jewelry in my opinion. 

I finished the necklace with a handmade clasp I created with a couple sterling silver headpins. 

I think the rubies and apatite beads look really good in both pieces. 

Do you like one over the other?  Leave a comment and let me know.

Have a fabulous day!


No comments:

Post a Comment