Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Blue Aventurine, hematite and glass necklace by CreationsbyTricia

Here is an awesome gemstone necklace and earring set I created just last week.  I haven't yet decided if I am going to list this one Etsy.  I think I am going to display it in the bead shop for now. 

I started the necklace with the glass, top drilled, tear drop shaped beads and the blue aventurine.  I really liked the way it was looking but it just seemed like way too much in the blue department.  I found some 5mm hematite rounds in my stash and when placed next to and in between the glass and blue aventurine, I was really pleased.  At first I was just going to string it on one strand because I didn't have enough of any of the beads to make it 2 strand all the way around. 

After staring at the necklace for a day trying to figure how I was going to finish the piece, I again went to my stash.  Wallah...I found these teeny tiny seed beads (I believe they are 15/0) in two different shades of blue.  I had an ahah moment and varigated the two colors of blue and finished off with a unique and different toggle clasp in sterling silver.

Blue is not one of my favorite colors, but I really like this piece.  What do you think?  I love to hear (see) opinions, constructive criticism, and suggestions.


Have a fabulous day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment